What is CITI Ministries?
CITI Ministries offers you the opportunity to continue your priestly vocation helping others, especially those who feel rejected or not welcomed by the institutional church.
CITI Ministries, Inc. provides legal certification for validly ordained Roman Catholic priests. As a single or married resigned Catholic priest with CITI Ministries, you will be officially recognized by state and government agencies to officiate at weddings and perform other ministerial functions. However, some of the sacraments that you perform may not be recognized by the Roman Catholic hierarchy even though they are valid according to Canon Law.
Annual Membership Includes:
- Opportunity to resume your ministry
- Membership with International Council of Community Churches
- Certificate of Ministry and laminated certification card
- Inclusion in the Society of Christ’s Priesthood, our religious society
- One listing on Citiministries.org website (additional listings available)
- Link to your website from CITI “Find A Priest”
- Option for personal webpage and other marketing help
- CITI Ministries newsletters
- Access to our Social Media Network
Reclaim your priesthood!
Become certified as a CITI Ministries Priest!
CITI MINISTRIES APPLICATION PROCESS
Please download the application cover letter (below) and then refer back to this list as you complete the application process for CITI Ministries.
1. Completed and signed CITI Ministries questionnaire
CITI Ministries Membership Renewal Form
2. Completed and signed Code of Conduct Sheet
CITI Code of Conduct
3. Completed and signed ICCC Application – Clergy Information form
ICCC Application – Clergy Information
4. Copy of your birth or baptismal certificate
5. Copy of your current resume
6. Copy of college/university documents for ICCC
7. Proof of ordination in the Roman Catholic Church i.e., certificate, Catholic Directory listing, newspaper story of ordination, etc
8. Two letters of recommendation, one preferably from a current member of CITI Ministries and the second from someone who knew you as a functioning cleric.
9. Proof of personal liability insurance. Can easily be obtained as a personal umbrella policy addendum to your home or auto insurance. Or you can obtain a relatively inexpensive policy from American Professional Agency at: 800-421-6694. Request “Mental Health Department-Pastoral Counselor, Part time Policy.”
Upon Acceptance, payment in the amount of $285* for one year membership donation is due. Basic membership includes a single state listing including up to three cities/areas.
If you serve more than one state, additional listings are available at $25 each. Donations are tax deductible.
Processing, including a criminal background check, takes approximately 4-6 weeks.